Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

2-0-1-1: Take Three (The Finale)




Without further ado, a few more (slightly random) things I, and hopefully a lot of you, appreciated during 2011.


Happy 2012 everyone! Let's get to celebrating.







Best Transportation Back In Time: The Help

[source]

With one of the most solid casts in movies, a script based on a bestselling novel, and, oh, the costumes, The Help deserves to be in the Best Picture category at the Oscars more than many things that have been released over the last year.

Crowds flocked to the film over the summer, and much like another movie (to mention later) was predominantly lead by a cast of ladies. As a gal myself, I have to appreciate that.





Most Loved Music Round-Up:

If only there were enough hours in the day, at that point I could have, as I wished, dedicate an entire blurb about admirable songs and artists from the year.

Previously, I mentioned my guilty pleasure of Bruno Mars, but I couldn't leave the year behind without a few more shout outs to some tuneage.

I declare a toast:

Thank you Florence Welch, for wailing to perfection on Never Let Me Go, to the point where the final 40 seconds slays me in its gorgeousness, thank you to those new acts (M83, Wye Oak, Cults, Mumford & Sons) we welcomed, and lastly, thanks old favorites (The Decemberists, Coldplay, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver) for continuing to grace our years with new music.

Here is a 2011 mix for the ages; if blogger still exists in 50 years, we can recall the music from the past year fondly. Check out the tracks while you read through the rest of my masterpieces. 





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones






Most Admirable Funny Gals: Bridesmaids






"You must be Annie's fella."

Have you heard Bridesmaid's is funny? It is.

Bow down to, Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Ellie Kemper, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Rebel Wilson.

"...I thought it was a very sad...hand written book."





An Ode To Clooney's Hawaiian Shirts: The Descendants

[source]

The Descendants-fantastic flick. A lot of the time I enjoy movies greatly when they can be deeply depressing, and then laugh out loud hilarious, which applies to this movie like none other that I have seen this year.

Clooney and Shailene Woodley will start 2011 with deserved Oscar nominations, though I feel the two biggest stars might get forgotten; Nick Krause (aka Sid), the comic relief who had me burst out laughing every time he entered the screen, and most importantly, the shirts.

No one-seriously, no one, has made a compilation video showing off the immense collection of Hawaiian print shirts that George Clooney rocks? They were basically a character in the movie, that was how attached I became to each one.

The internet kind of let me down today. Although, if anyone will make that tribute video, I'll leave it to this dude





Best Demonstration of Cute Boys and Dogs: Beginners






If anyone reading through this is anything like myself, you will love many things, but two specifically; dreamy men and adorable animals. One such movie fit that bill to a T.

The film, Beginners, starred triple treat (singing. handsome. accent.), Ewan McGregor, and a Jack Russel terrier named Cosmo.

I know what you are thinking; these facts alone sealed the deal, and it is already the next movie you want to see. However, it should be noted, men and dogs aside, Beginners is truly a grand movie.

Heart-wrenching and comical at times (the dog has his own captions!), try and seek out this deeply endearing father/son tale.




That's a wrap! On to the new year and new adventures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...