Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Best Picture or Bust

Even though I am only 22 years old, I still think of myself of somewhat of an all purpose media aficionado. When you have dedicated almost every waking breath to watching movies, listening to music, reading books, magazines, and blogs-it is a fair assumption that useless trivia is about all I have to offer in this world. It's okay; I am comfortable with who I have become.

It has dawned on me though, as I have currently graduated from college and thrust upon this wide world after 17 years of education, that no one is forcing me to learn anymore. I have decided to further educate myself in all things I enjoy. Even though I think I know a lot, there is always more to learn.

With this being said another thing to know about me is that I am thrifty and I get as much milage out of everything that I can. This means that I have the cheapest , plan on Netflix, but am stil able to crank through 2-3 movies a week(depending on the promptness of the US mail service). Coming up with movies that I actually want to see has been difficult lately; I have devised a plan that will increase my take on movie history and at the same time make sure I am not wasting money renting movies!

CHALLENGE ONE: Watch every single movie that has won Best Picture at the Academy Awards.

Note: not all are available through my favorite online movie renting-so it will be left up to the best of my renting ability.

First Film: The Broadway Melody (Best Picture Winner,1929)


To See The Long List I Am About To Conquer: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...