Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Shoulders back, Lemon. You're not welcoming people to Castle Frankenstien."

Really, I don't have a lot to say, I have just been dreaming about using that quote in some sort of situation all week. It felt like the right time as tonight is Thursday, which means 30 Rock and The Office! Thank you 30 Rock for giving us gems like that quote above.

It was also fitting as I was reading about Tina Fey being awarded the Mark Twain Statue For This Years Most Hilarious Lady (that's the official title) a couple nights ago at the Kennedy Center. In actuality, The Mark Twain Prize For American Humor has only been given to two other ladies (Lily Tomlin and Whoopi Goldberg) in its' history, with Fey being the 13th recipient overall.

All of today's talented, funny people were in attendance, including Betty White, Steve Martin, Steve Carell, Amy Poehler, and Jon "Hook Hands" Hamm. The event will air this Sunday on PBS.

Mad props to Tina for the award and for wearing that fab Oscar de la Renta dress, which fell out of my dreams (it's the lace, lace always gets me).

Oh, of course, further props for the reason behind the award, giving the world comedy masterpieces, including: the most quotable movie of my generation and about my generation (Mean Girls), making a movie called Baby Mama (giving me many more opportunities in my life to say, "baby mama"), the joke Dr. Spaceman (technically pronounced Spa-chem-an), endless SNL skits... and I could go on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...