Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trailer Wars: Ryan Gosling + Co Edition

Sometimes the cast can be the complete selling point for a movie; Crazy, Stupid, Love, defines that idea to a tee.

I had heard buzzing around that three of my favorite actors, Steve Carrell, Julianne Moore, and Ryan Gosling, were in some new movie together. Even before the trailer was released yesterday, I was completely jazzed that these fine actors would be working together, and I didn't even have a clue about the plot. Right now, I can already declare that I will love this movie.

Add in the inclusion of Emma Stone and the casting is, now that I think about it, kind of random. Although, in that way it is perfect and lovely.

Steve Carrell and Julianne Moore as a married couple? Yes! Loving it! Ryan Gosling doing a little comedy? Yes and Yes! I get so sick of the same kind of actors being paired together to do the same movies. If this trailer proves anything, it is that mixing it up is a good thing.





Ryan Gosling doing some funny one liners is really nice to see after all the serious, yet outstanding, work he has done in recent years. So far it appears he will steal the movie, simply noted by all the swoon worthy moments he has just in the trailer. woah. Also, that Julianne Moore line about Twilight, with perfect delivery,  had me laughing for a good half hour.

When Carrell officially leaves The Office, sadly this season, I hope he continues to play characters, and do more movies, like this one. Regular guy roles, where he can be charming and still play up his goofy humor, suit him extremely well.

At times, it seems like this could be disregarded as a stereotypical, guy discovering himself movie, however, my gut thinks this one will surprise you, and definitely bring more depth. Just from that two minute clip it is evident that the script is witty, which, for obvious reasons, adds a lot to making an interesting story.

Crazy, Stupid, Love, currently has a release date of July 29th, and I'll definitely be there. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...